Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm Due Today - I Thought Women with RA are 2 weeks Early?

Women having their first child are usually late, so I hear. However, since I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, I thought maybe my baby will be pre-term.  Over 2 months ago, I gave Otis research studies a call to see what their statistics were from the sample of women they used in their studies who were pregnant with RA.
The results = average birth week at 38 weeks. 

Today, I'm 40 weeks full! It's my actual due date and I feel NOTHING. Well not exactly nothing; I'm sure my body is preparing for labor, so here goes something more in detail:

Early Labor Signs
1. Mild Cramping - I've had maybe 3 cramps during the last 2 weeks
2. Loss of Mucus Plug - No not yet, but slowly, I can see small amounts of egg white substance which started  a few days ago.
3. Spotting - No blood what so ever
4. Lower back pain - Definitely comes and goes
5. Nesting Instinct - This started 4 weeks ago - Started Cleaning EVERTHING like mad. Even the stains in my car upholstery.
6. Engagement / Tummy Drop - My last ultrasound at 37 weeks showed babies head already low and engaged, so he's in the position to be birth for 3 weeks now.
7. Braxton Hicks Contractions - I felt a few tightening of the uterus, but nothing painful or regular and this was about 2 weeks ago
8. Water Break - Definitely not yet - Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSreZ-rmy7g
9. Contractions - Nope Nothing...
10. Cervix dilating - I don't know and do not want to check myself. Going to find out tonight :)

Ways to Naturally Induce Labor
Here's a list of 40 Ways to Induce Labor naturally. I myself picked the #25, and am scheduled for #33.
http://hubpages.com/hub/Ways-to-induce-Labour-Naturally

#25 - Eating a Fresh Pineapple - Does this really work? I'm eating one later today!
#33 - "Stretch and sweep of membranes - Your midwife or doctor can perform this simple procedure. A finger is inserted into the cervix and a gentle 'sweep' of the finger slightly separates the uterus wall and amniotic sac, sometimes leading to labor within hours or days. Some women say it's an easy, painless procedure, others claim it can be very painful. How well it works can also depend on if you are very far dilated or not." - I'm scheduled for this tonight. Will keep you posted !

No comments:

Post a Comment